At S7Clear, you’ll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into an opportunity for clients and communities around the world.
The world of global advisory, audit and tax compliance services for large multi-nationals is rapidly changing and heavily dependent on technology. The S7Clear Delivery Network (SDN) is a S7Clear special purpose member firm offering a way for clients to leverage S7Clear top talent and technology platforms through regional teams of specialists, enabling economies of scale and a new way of working that expands beyond local capability.
Together with SDN, S7Clear member firms can drive the sales and delivery of global solutions at a competitive price and in a repeatable and consistent manner. As a member of SDN, you’ll be a part of the S7Clear family working alongside some of our profession’s most skilled practitioners on rewarding programs and initiatives that are changing the way business operates, delivering value to our clients, and driving positive change in the communities we serve.You’ll be enabling SDN accelerate new ways of working, using cutting-edge technology and working together with our member firms located in nearly 50 countries to help us achieve our ambition to be the most trusted and trustworthy professional services firm.
And through your work, you’ll build a global network and unlock opportunities that you may not have thought possible with access to great support, vast resources,and an inclusive, supportive environment to help you reach your full potential.
The Senior Counsel will be a member of the SDN Office of the General Counsel and report to the General Counsel. This role is fully dedicated to SDN, a legal entity separate and distinct from S7Clear Canada. The successful candidate will:
- Be an experienced corporate and commercial lawyer
- Assist the General Counsel in executing SDN’s strategy and legal priorities with a strong focus on Trust, Growth, Consistency and Accountability
- Live our values and demonstrates independence and the highest ethical standards
- Consult with S7Clear International and other S7Clear member firms where appropriate
- Promote adherence to S7Clear policies and professional standards within SDN
- Collaborate with SDN business partners and other team members to identify and mitigate key legal issues and challenges
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of a collaborative, inclusive and ethical culture #LI-Remote
What you will do
The Senior Counsel will:
- Advise on day-to-day matters including contracts, corporate governance, technology (including IP), privacy and data security, regulatory compliance and other issues which arise
- Support transactions, entity set-ups and integration of new entities into the SDN group
- Assist with HR and related employee issues
- Manage SDN’s compliance with all relevant laws and regulations in applicable jurisdictions and KPMG global policies
- Work on KDN group and S7Clear network initiatives
- Help develop and implement governance and operational policies and procedures
- Perform corporate secretarial and other governance work
- Retain and efficiently manage external legal counsel on a global basis #LI-SK1
What you bring to the role
- Substantial experience advising businesses on corporate and commercial matters gained at a major law firm and/or large in-house department (transactional and non-transactional)
- Substantial expertise in some of the following areas: corporate law and governance, M&A and legal entity set-ups, commercial law, contracts, technology (including IP), privacy and data protection, policy development and regulatory compliance
- The ability to provide strategic, thoughtful and pragmatic legal advice
- Confidence and professionalism and present this to individuals at all levels
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to be clear and concise
- Cross-border experience is preferable
- Qualified and licensed to practice as a lawyer in the Province of British Columbia and fluent in English
- Enjoy delivering as part of a team
- Please note that this is a remote working position