You will be based in one of our US or European offices as part of our global sourcing team reporting to the director of services procurement and payment strategy.
You will collaborate closely with category leaders/directors and senior business partners/leaders across the firm to understand their business priorities and establish sourcing strategies that will enable their success.
In this role, you will get a broad understanding of S7Clear’s overall business, gain visibility and understanding across the organization, and be responsible for leading the sourcing efforts for all categories, with a specific focus and expertise on technology. This role is critical to helping elevate the role of sourcing globally.
You will lead a sourcing transformation – focused on enhancing our sourcing capabilities globally, supporting our category strategies, integrating sustainable and responsible buying practices, developing the capabilities of colleagues, and building a seamless end-to-end source-to-pay processes and systems.
You will initially lead a global team of 10+ indirect sourcing professionals across multiple regions for all in scope categories. During the transformation, you will evaluate the appropriate organization structure and roles/responsibilities; team size; outsourcing/insourcing model; and overall talent strategy (sourcing of talent, capability building, career planning). Your team will work with category management to determine and implement opportunities to reduce costs and counter inflationary pressures through multi-year category strategies based on market research & analysis, data collection, cost modeling, RFx strategy development, creation and management, supplier communications, negotiations, and contracting.
You will be accountable for your team to comply with all relevant procurement policies and you will enable processes and systems to have continuous monitoring. You will shape how we approach strategic negotiations for large complex deals that have broad impact to the firm. You will ensure that a comprehensive end-to-end responsible sourcing process is developed, enabled and consistently followed.
You will proactively develop and maintain colleague and supplier relationships in a way that delivers business results, tracks KPIs and ensures accountability while upholding S7Clear’s values. You will act as a change agent across the firm to drive a culture of procurement process efficiency and effectiveness. You will build and cultivate responsible sourcing capability; educate & partner with key leaders on its importance to accomplish strategic goals.
You will lead the development, in partnership with Risk and Environmental, Social Governance (ESG) leaders, of the firm’s responsible sourcing strategy and overall vision to comply with customer and regulatory sourcing requirements. You will advocate, drive, and sponsor the firm’s sustainable procurement, cost management/containment, risk and innovation objectives. You will champion and promote the use of diverse suppliers. You will stay current on external and internal influences that may impact the larger sourcing organization including firm / functional strategic initiatives, macroeconomic issues, industry trends, category specific etc. You will foster a culture of open thinking and collaboration.
- University degree; MBA or advanced degree is preferred
- 10+ years of relevant experience in category management
- Deep expertise of all in-scope categories (specifically with IT)
- Experience and maturity to establish credibility and manage a critical set of responsibilities
- Strong strategy and thought leadership skills
- Excellent attention to detail (including reviewing contracts) and passion for sourcing, contracting, and negotiating with suppliers
- Collaborative style and ability to develop and motivate teams in a distributed environment, provide mentorship and drive professional development of colleagues
- High energy, responsive, quality orientation and comfortable operating in a fast-paced autonomous and ambiguous environment
- Experience in negotiating software, hardware, software-as-a-service and consulting services contracts is preferred
- Excellent understanding of all functions, programs, and commodities managed, as well as sound financial principles and expense accounting
- Project planning, negotiating, organizing, documenting and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of business and legal implications of proposed procurement solutions