The Director, Global Procurement will be responsible for establishing a sourcing and procurement function within the Global Corporate Services (GCS) team at S7Clear. Core responsibilities will include analyzing the current landscape of sourcing and procurement, performing a comprehensive analysis of global spend, building relationships across a wide array of business stakeholders, and developing a procurement function in partnership with GCS and practice leadership that embraces Environmental, Social and Governance principles, delivers cost savings, eliminates waste, improves our risk and compliance posture, and improves service, quality, and collaboration with our suppliers. Over time, this role may lead and develop a team of procurement professionals. This role reports to the Chief Financial Officer.
- Conduct a thorough assessment of the company’s spend on direct and indirect goods and services and identify areas for improvement.
- Assess the complete market for relevant goods and services including trends, forecasts, risks, geopolitical effects, and supplier profiling.
- Define a fully comprehensive category strategy for indirect goods and services.
- Identify opportunities for cost reduction and avoidance that are attributable to the P&L
- Develop working relationships with internal stakeholders to understand their sourcing and contracting needs, which they are accustomed to handling on their own.
- Lead the negotiation and development of key contracts through the effective partnering with the supplier, Legal, and the business stakeholders.
- Partner closely with internal legal, risk, governance, and privacy teams to balance sourcing and business priorities.
- Identify procurement processes and policies for alignment at the country, region, and global levels.
- Develop and implement business plans, policies, and procedures.
- Manage key strategic supplier relationships to ensure quality, cost, delivery, and service.
- Conduct timely reviews with suppliers to measure performance against contractual standards and performance expectations.
- Develop risk management strategies relating to critical vendors including alternative sourcing options and product/service availability.
- Collaborate with other departments and Milliman practices to prioritize procurement needs.
- Assist executives in defining organizational goals and strategic plans.
- Implement strategies to mature our supplier diversity and sustainability efforts.
- Develop metrics and reporting to share with the business to highlight the value provided by the function.
- Over time, direct and manage component purchasing specialists and procurement specialists.
- Over time, develop a strategy for contract management and supplier relationship management.
- Advising Milliman practices on how to work with client procurement functions.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- A bachelor’s degree in business, finance, supply management, or other related discipline with minimum 15 years of procurement experience
- The ideal candidate must have previous experience in national and international procurement / sourcing activities with a record of leading change and cost reduction in cross-cultural environments.
- Experience creating and/or growing, developing, and coaching a team of sourcing and procurement professionals.
- The ideal candidate must have demonstrated history of successfully collaborating with multiple internal stakeholders who possess a high degree of autonomy.
- Must have a thorough knowledge and understanding of purchasing practices, policies, and procedures.
- Knowledge of IT systems, contract management, strategic sourcing practices and software vendor licensing models
- Ability to analyze unstructured or imperfect data related to spend and identify insights and opportunities to pursue.
- Must have a passion for managing and developing employees in alignment with company values.
- Must have excellent analytical and financial acumen including cost modeling, budgeting, and forecasting.
- Must have strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build consensus and foster positive relationships with team members and suppliers.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS PREFERRED:
- Experience in a professional service firm environment
- Experience incorporating ESG into the supplier base.
- Industry certification in the procurement space such as Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM), Certified Professional in Supplier Diversity (CPSD), Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS) qualification, or APICS Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP) is a plus.
The salary range is $160,000 to $275,000, depending on relevant factors, including but not limited to education, work experience, qualifications, skills, certifications, location, etc. This role is based out of the S7Clear’s office, but candidates can work remotely anywhere in the US.