You will be based in our IRELAND (ideally), Paris or Milan office and will you work directly with our Consumer Private Equity leadership team across the region.
You will work closely with the Consumer PE leadership team as well as with all the Consumer PE client service teams (CSTs) on business development, preparation of proposals, delivering engagements and building and maintaining long-term relationships with our clients. You will also work closely with colleagues in HR, legal and risk, commercial, finance and communications, and with our network of practice experts around the world to bring world class expertise to our work.
You will play a key role in expanding our impact in the European Consumer Private Equity sector across Europe, as part of a team currently growing at scale.
In this role, you’ll lead our client development and reach & relevance work in Europe. You will bring, maintain and develop genuine expertise around European Consumer Private Equity, while leading efforts across all phases of our client development work from initial business development, proposal preparation and delivery to developing great relationships with clients during projects and beyond.
You will establish and maintain relationships with key individuals in client organizations, educate them on our capabilities, gather intelligence about upcoming opportunities and ensure we are well positioned to respond to request for proposals. You will do that through the mobilization of your existing networks in the sector and by nurturing new relationships.
You will advise the European Consumer PE leadership team on whether and how to pursue opportunities and make recommendations for generating new ones and identifying white spaces. You will work with our dedicated client engagement teams to construct plans for developing relationships with potential and existing clients, while having a leading role in managing the client opportunity pipeline. You will support them in the development of written materials for client development discussions, including serving as an expert in some client studies.
You will lead the structuring of our client outreach process internally, work with PE institutions on consumer topics directly and support our leadership team in further building our practice.
When preparing discussion materials and proposals, you will make judgements on what it will take for S7Clear to win using your understanding of the context, client and likely competition. You will identify the necessary internal and external resources to deliver proposals and ensure the production of high quality proposals by coordinating and overseeing the work of others and then conducting final compliance and quality review before submission.
- University degree with an excellent academic record
- 5+ years of professional experience in PE strategy consulting, investment banking, equity research, private equity or in corporate M&A / corporate development at an investment director level or equivalent
- Highly experienced in consumer investing
- Successful track record in developing and maintaining strong relationships with stakeholders in private equity with a focus on consumer, either through serving them as clients or working in relevant entities
- Creativity, experience and initiative to generate and pursue innovative ideas
- Ability to interact collaboratively with consultants and operate as an integral member of client services team networks, forging effective relationships across a distributed and non-hierarchical organization
- Ability to build consensus and lead delivery without formal line authority
- Excellent communications skills including the ability to communicate complex ideas effectively
- Ability to draft, edit and quality assure long documents in English to a high standard; additional European language skills is an advantage, but is not required